The most aggressive fish i have ever seen.

robham7770

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2014
mobile
This guy was a drop off at the lfs, and I paid an obscene amount of money for him. Shortly after acquiring him I realized that there was a damn good reason someone would get rid of this fish. He has no fear of me or anything else, and will beg like an oscar only to bite the crap out of me when I offer food. Midas in my opinion are the pit bulls of fish.

[video=youtube;aMdocBzbVE4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMdocBzbVE4&list=UUUDPwR8TrnFNDI9oEEiMpLA[/video]

Mustardtiger101

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2013
Canada
If a Midas is the most aggressive fish you have seen then you might want to check out the hoplias curupira. (Black wolf fish)

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

kiupuriash

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2014
paramount
I own a pitbull... sweetest dog I have ever had... way nicer than my old Chihuahua...

Sent from my SGH-M919 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

CANAMONSTER

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2012
Barrie
IME, Midas are not that aggressive. Midevils usually more common to be aggressive.

robham7770

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2014
mobile
Sorry about the pitt bull comment, I had no intention of offending anyone. I just always think of the breed as the bad ***, of the dog world. My lab mix or my dachshunds are probably just as likely to go after something as any pitt bull, but they are not as well equipped to inflict serious damage, and would probably back off if it was not going well for them.

I realize that there are many other fish out there that are more capable of inflicting damage, but mine is a little hyper. I actually think he enjoys biting me(if a fish can feel joy).

Just for Vinod I will video the removal of the flower, but I am going to get some of those elbow length rubber gloves first, since it will be bloody otherwise.

Here is a video off you tube of the passive midas in action. Obviously this is not a good situation, and there should at minimum be a divider in use here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBwktZH52Oc

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
Very jealous of him. Have you tried measuring him? He looks huge. That's a 75 gallon right?

And that justarns tank. I'm pretty sure the dovii aren't in there anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

robham7770

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2014
mobile
He is probably close to 12" but, I am just guessing based on the 18" width of the tank. I will use a 12" strip of tape on the glass when I update the video(he will not stay in one spot long enough for the tape measure), and when he passes it I should be able to better guess the length. As you know the first video is old, and he has only gotten more temperamental since.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store