Back at it. 75g, thinking black water?

Spontaneous

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2010
SE Washington
I just got a whole setup for a 75g for free. Tank, 4 large filters, two heaters, to air pumps, large lava rock, lights, and fake plants. We set it up last night with new black rock and black sand on top. One pump going, one heater, and the lights are up just not on. Im going for a dark tank so the dog stand out. Black bottom and black background. There's a dragon statue thing that is set up for bubbles. (Bf wanted it lol) but I really want like a red/silver theme. Maybe some gold as well. Also put some chlorine eliminator and a tank cycling supplement. Wow, it smells bad lol.
I'm just getting back into having a tank after a long time not having one. I was on here a few years ago and remember seeing a tank, black water with similar set up. Red driftwood, with flagtail and I think an arowana. Going to skip the arowana but I've had this tank stuck in my head ever since. I would LOVE a flagtail but have a feeling my tank may be too small and I'm not sure if/when an upgrade will happen. I would love fish that won't get too uncomfortably big for the tank and all live peacefully as possible. Bf wants piranhas. Not sure about that. Don't like the idea of love feeding and clean up of that. But am open to this option.

I will keep looking through the forums trying to figure out as much as I can about black water tanks but any and all help is greatly appreciated! Would love to see photos of your tanks as well! They make for great inspiration =] mine is quite blank at the moment lol.

Spontaneous

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2010
SE Washington
Well, Hadto take the tank down. Sprung a leak so it's drained, drying and we will be resealing it. Someone offered a 125 setup for $200 so may even go with that and sell the 75g set up. So I am definitely getting a red flagtail.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store