Male p14

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
I picked this little male p14 up the other day size about 9"

Looks fairly nice looked big in the poly box but tiny next to other rays makes even my hybrid look big who was in a 30 long x 14" wide tank only 3 months ago

This will be my last try at 2 males in one tank

The price of p14 has crashed over the last month I have seen males pups as low as £280 and females £300
I don't know what's going on in the UK it's not good for sellers but great for buyers

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1408672069.954884.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

abjr

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2011
In my tank
Beautiful ray , just wondering what does p14 mean

Sent from my SM-N900P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Not my first choice of ray but looks very nice. Know what you mean about prices though. People almost giving them away!
Like you said Richard, not good news for sellers. I don't understand why some people are offering rays so cheap??

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
Not my first choice of ray but looks very nice. Know what you mean about prices though. People almost giving them away!
Like you said Richard, not good news for sellers. I don't understand why some people are offering rays so cheap??
No demand and to many breeder
I think pearl prices crashed because of the size litters they have and how fast and often they breed

I think p14 has crashed because they take as long as 18 months to turn black and white and they are not as active as bd Leo

The other thing is we have no idea on how many breeders are out there as they don't all use forums and the first we see from them is when they advertise pups for sale
I also know about 3 people who are now breeding from pups I sold them over 3 years ago

bonesb66

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2010
Birmingham
Price is ridiculous isn't it - bad really, i've found that the pearl price did crash - now it's sky high!
Seen Mark H on duketown rays? check the price of his pearls out, same with buying them from abroad it's BD money almost for pearls these days.

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
Price is ridiculous isn't it - bad really, i've found that the pearl price did crash - now it's sky high!
Seen Mark H on duketown rays? check the price of his pearls out, same with buying them from abroad it's BD money almost for pearls these days.
Price certainly has dropped. I sold my male p14 about 13 to 14 inch fully rolled claspers for just 320. and I paid more than that for it as pup.. and it was no where near the quality of the Ray in this thread.
A very nice quality p14

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

chen

Candiru
MFK Member
May 10, 2005
Canada
seems BD's are still doing ok for pricing vs. the other variants....still cheaper then 4-6 years ago! Nice P14 bud

kiep

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
chicago, il
Anything that can be breed or farm will be like that.

Like albino aro.

Sent from my SM-G900T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
seems BD's are still doing ok for pricing vs. the other variants....still cheaper then 4-6 years ago! Nice P14 bud
Price for bd is high now but I for one know of about 4 people close to breeding them in the UK not to mention the people I don't know so I can see the bd price come crashing down within the next 2-3 years

If you know the right people you can get average grade bd for about £600 and a pair of low grade bd has been on sale for about 10 months at £1500
People can pick and choose now that's the good thing as before you had to take what you could get or go without

Mark H pearls are that money I think because they have the white gene
I sold my pearl pair for £575 and I though they was good looking rays and they sold slow

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store