Solfshell turtle and jardini

Djzest909

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2014
San Bernardino
Does anyone know if solfshell turtle do well with a jardini or not? I have a 180 gal tank with a 10 inch jardini and it starting to get boring I would like to add an additional tank mate. I've tried tiger datnoid and some oscar fish so far they all fail. Thanks

Ponera

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
soft shells are restricted in many places, be very careful when importing any turtle species with regards to endangered status and local legality.

That said, soft shell turtles are mean as hell and most aquatic turtles do a fantastic job up fouling up water quality in rather short order. So you need to be prepared to potentially be bitten, which can cost fingers, and to deal with the fallout of turtle water. Other than that, they will take down any prey they can. That includes arrowana, so be warned ahead of time they can do a lot of damage to fish even larger than them in a very short time.

blackwolf911

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 24, 2014
new york
I have a florida soft shell turtle in my 300 gal with various fish bigger then him and smaller .. a silver arowana about 20 inches.. peacock bass ... a 16 inch black wolf .. 20" clown knife a hystrix ray... turtles are smart .. if they try to eat something and fail a few times they will stop from what I have seen ... at first the turtle gave my ray a hard time but he has totally left him alone now... the turtle is very entertaining.. but i agree with the water quality thing the last poster said

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
I tried a soft shell with my jardini he only really bothered him a few times few claw marks and a tail bite , but my jar used to try bite it all the time though it was evil :banghead: in the end I had to get rid of the turtle because he kept chomping on my catfish's tails when they were chilling and it did make a lot of mess :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store