Proud papa

Racersk

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Covington
I bought a few juvi Convicts for my 125- I needed more activity in the tank- one med. sized oscar and a few silver dollars and some other smaller fish, I figured I'd give the cichlaid life a shot..

FYI- fish keeping for years and have a *few* tanks...

I was doing the normal heard check and noticed why I was getting A LOT of territorial activity. I have a brand new clutch of maybe 20 babies. No pics yet, they are a day old and not too photogenic.

Other than live bearers-this is my 1st breeding of anything. (in fish keeping anyways...:naughty:)

Proud papa!

Racersk

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Covington
Not too worried yet. As I mentioned I have a *few* tanks. One of which homes a 13" oscar and a 15 or so inch marbed knife. The knife would love to have convict snacks.

Eclipse390

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2011
Hudson Valley, NY
I thought that too when I had my breeding pair - but nothing would eat them once they were larger that little tiny fry. Once you could tell what they actually were, my other fish wanted no part.

noside

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2014
NJ
I thought that too when I had my breeding pair - but nothing would eat them once they were larger that little tiny fry. Once you could tell what they actually were, my other fish wanted no part.
+1 hate mine nothing eats them once they are any larger then wigglers. PITA to separate as well but finally got them in Male and Female only tanks.

They have no problem pushing around 12"+ JD, Oscars and GT's

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store