Convict pair causing problems

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
I had no idea how vicious a convict pair could be. My pair of convicts have been in my 125 gallon less then two weeks an already I had to seperate the pair. They had all of my fish hiding in the corner of the tank. I decided to just seperate the pair. I am keeping the male since he looks the nicest. Im not sure if any of the fry will be able to survive with just one parent watching them but I just couldn't take watching my Dempsey and GT run for their lives. I guess one convict is enough for my 125 gallon community tank

***125 GALLON: 1 Jack Dempsey, 1 Convict, 2 German Blue Rams, 2 red jewels, 1 Green Terror, 1 Gold Gourami, 1 Angelfish, and 1 12 inch pleco.
60 GALLON: 1 Red Devil.***

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
Yeah alot of people on this forum told me they were mean but I had no idea they would take over a whole 125. I am trying to create a community around my jack dempsey and green terror. Maybe I should stay away from breeding pairs and just do single smaller sized cichlids

***125 GALLON: 1 Jack Dempsey, 1 Convict, 2 German Blue Rams, 2 red jewels, 1 Green Terror, 1 Gold Gourami, 1 Angelfish, and 1 12 inch pleco.

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Stick with a single convict (females more laid back), and you'll have an entertaining, intelligent and curious fish that will fit well into your 125 once it establishes a small territory :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
Will do. Now I have to find a home for this convict.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store