Fx6 Leaks - when not running..?

Skurj

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2013
GTA Ontario Canada
Ok my Fx6 is less than a year old, I bought it on boxing day. Didn't actually put it into service until March. Today I opened it up for the first time. The cleaning went just lovely, no hiccups all good. Put it under the tank, siphoned water from the tank into the unit until it was fullish. Plugged it in and it fired up just fine. Then came the 1 minute shut down for burping. That's when the fitting for the IN (to the fx6 from the tank) started to leak. So long as the filter is running that fitting doesn't leak, it only leaks during the purging air cycle..

Anyone experience the same?

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Ok my Fx6 is less than a year old, I bought it on boxing day. Didn't actually put it into service until March. Today I opened it up for the first time. The cleaning went just lovely, no hiccups all good. Put it under the tank, siphoned water from the tank into the unit until it was fullish. Plugged it in and it fired up just fine. Then came the 1 minute shut down for burping. That's when the fitting for the IN (to the fx6 from the tank) started to leak. So long as the filter is running that fitting doesn't leak, it only leaks during the purging air cycle..

Anyone experience the same?
Make sure that fitting is properly connected. Secure the hose to it with hose clamps, make sure the hose itself doesn't have a small hole. Fluvals use ribbed tubing which has a tendency to crack

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Lube the oring.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Simcan

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2005
Toronto
simplest thing is just to ensure you have pushed it down hard enough that it clicks. same thing happened to me and that is all i goofed on; easy fix. let us know.

Skurj

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2013
GTA Ontario Canada
Yeah the leak is definitely not the hose, its the plastic fitting. I was going to get new seals but first I will try some silicone grease on the originals.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store