Sau fransico bass DOA bad luck!!!!

Crystal Clear14

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2014
Illinois
So I took a four hour trip and four hours back home. Got a bunch of fish. Well the guy packed a 12" tem , 18" SF kel , 12" mono in a cooler. They had air the whole time. And a lot of it. So I get home open up container and he's floating. Every other fish is fine. Any ideas on how and why the best fish dies?? What crappy luck man. uploadfromtaptalk1408912904925.jpg

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
That sucks...but it happens.I took a couple hour drive to trade in a mere eight inch kelberi once and it was in a bin all by itself and still did not make the trip...boy was I pissed.Were they all in the same cooler?

ChrisM101

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2014
Paris, AR,United States
Something that large is pushing the limits of that container. When we fish tournaments and try to keep bass alive for 8 hrs we often add a livewell additive which helps calm them preserve the slime coat. What I use is called bass medics rejuvenade. Its a mix of salts and other food grade supplements. Of course massive aeration and recirculation help too. I would definitely recommend using an additive of some sort when trying to ship that far.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Crystal Clear14

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2014
Illinois
Didn't ship them I drove. There all healthy expect that one. Very much sucks. I've been wanting one of them forver and to get one at 18" man. The tem,kel,mono where in cooler together. The azul was separate. Along with some other fish. The biggest best one died.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Yeah,being a kelberi man myself,and with my past incident I would have put the SF in it's own bin rather than the azul but who's to say it would have made a difference.Now that Bass medics stuff that Chris mentioned sounds like its worth looking into.

shookONES

Casper... the not so friendly ghost
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
Battery powered air pumps are you friend during transport, especially if you're not using any sort of sedative.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store