If you could stock a 150 gal….

Eclipse390

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2011
Hudson Valley, NY
…what would you put in it?
Been out of the hobby for a few years now due to living situation, hoping to get involved again within the year. Just brainstorming, researching & planning out exactly what I want…too bad I don't know what it is! So what would you guys stock?
(Would have 20 gal. sump & Fluval canister filtration)

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
With a clean slate the possibilities are endless!
Personally I would do a bunch of L number plecos, a few upper jaw bichirs, and a flag tail characin or a few scombs with river rocks an manzanita driftwood with PFS as substrate
Or a pair of festae, trimacs, or some other big cichlid

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Personally I would do a bunch of L number plecos, a few upper jaw bichirs, and a flag tail characin or a few scombs with river rocks an manzanita driftwood with PFS as substrate
The ultimate tool for a master fish keeper with a record! I wonder how many times I will be able to use this quote

Eclipse390

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2011
Hudson Valley, NY
These are some good ideas!! Where do you guys normally obtain fish? I have no local stores. I was told to look at Jeff Rapps stock lists

Sent from my SM-G900V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Mustardtiger101

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2013
Canada
+1 on the scombs

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

JonY3k

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2013
Ohio Wooster
How about some Red Tail Barracuda they are supposed to only get 11 inches long. or Banded Leporinus They are some mean fish but will do fine in a tank that small. I am a big fan of large tank small fish. Easier to keep that way. does not need 100% water changed every week :)

Eclipse390

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2011
Hudson Valley, NY
How about some Red Tail Barracuda they are supposed to only get 11 inches long. or Banded Leporinus They are some mean fish but will do fine in a tank that small. I am a big fan of large tank small fish. Easier to keep that way. does not need 100% water changed every week :)
You have a good point there! I always dreaded water changes!

Blazin

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2013
Illinois
Don't mix plecos and bichirs

Sent from my HTC Glacier using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store