Blue base crossback arowana

Wenzo0o0o0oo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2010
usa
Hey guys , I was searching online and I notice it's pretty hard to id a golden arowana when they are 6-7 inches, anyone have any clue to how to ID a blue base crossback? When they are young ?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

aakash

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 5, 2014
India
Have you seen my 24k golden cross back, It also have some blue hue on it.
I have posted many pics of it.
I thin its a blue base instead of 24k golden crossback.
Cross backs will have perlies, thats the most valid point in favour of cross back, as on young fish only crossbacks have perlies, not high backs.
And they will have full 5th level scales shine, and some 6th level scales shine like mine.
You call it a blue base when you get a blue hue, more deeper the blue color , more value it fetches.
Regards,

Wenzo0o0o0oo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2010
usa
Have you seen my 24k golden cross back, It also have some blue hue on it.
I have posted many pics of it.
I thin its a blue base instead of 24k golden crossback.
Cross backs will have perlies, thats the most valid point in favour of cross back, as on young fish only crossbacks have perlies, not high backs.
And they will have full 5th level scales shine, and some 6th level scales shine like mine.
You call it a blue base when you get a blue hue, more deeper the blue color , more value it fetches.
Regards,
Thx , but will a 6-7 inch have perlies already?

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
Thx , but will a 6-7 inch have perlies already?

If you could magically get an asian aro in the US.. the difference with them is that they come microchipped and certified from breeder for what it is so you should not have to guess only research the farms history. If you want to get the best info go to www.arofanatics.com

Wenzo0o0o0oo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2010
usa
Yes, a xb will always have perlies, even at 6 inches size, Mine was 6 inches size when i bought it, it had perlies since then, check my aro update pics.
Thanks , by perlies you mean on the bottom or top of the tails , cause I saw some online without any perlies on top, only mid and bottom

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store