New 610 gallon stocking questions

Brazzen1

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2013
Chickasaw Nation
Hi guys, I've decided to treat myself to a new 610 (130 x 37.5 x 30.5) aquarium for my birthday in January. I was wondering what I should put in there. Some of what I'm considering is dovii, umbee or a pike. Notice I said "or" and not "and". Any thoughts and please post pics if you have any of different strains. Thanks.

MarineMike

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2014
Southern California
With a tank that big, 3-4 golden Dorado the Brassy not Franky kind. Medium sized catfish or pleco for the bottom. And some other schooling fish that grows large enough to not be eaten by the dorado, masher maybe.

It would also be great for Dovii or Umbee pair but you wouldnt be able to put much else in with them.

vinod_uthaiah

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 17, 2013
India , Bangalore
As said in the prior thread, post a Dovii or Umbee pair , the 610 will become their world , if it is your choice to be.
How about some RTM's , Jaguars , Jack Demseys or Peacock bass if you are looking outside the helm of Umbees and Dovii's.

Brazzen1

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2013
Chickasaw Nation
Thank guys, are there any differences between the dovii and umbee, personality wise? I did look at the dorado, nice :drool:, unfortunately I have don't know of any way of getting them. The umbee and dovii aren't written in stone so I'm still open.

vinod_uthaiah

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 17, 2013
India , Bangalore
Only thing about Dovii's I have read is their skittish behavior even after years of rearing them.
Mine are 2- 3 inches and they run and hide for the slightest movement except during feeding time.
I am trying to acclimatize them to be more comfortable under all conditions , only time will tell.
BTW how about some Amphilophus varieties , you have some gorgeous ones that can be homed in this monster......

MarineMike

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2014
Southern California
Thank guys, are there any differences between the dovii and umbee, personality wise? I did look at the dorado, nice :drool:, unfortunately I have don't know of any way of getting them. The umbee and dovii aren't written in stone so I'm still open.

There are a couple vendors on here that have the Dorado from time to time.

Mustardtiger101

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2013
Canada
Do a rare predator tank. African tiger fish, dorado, tarpon, armatus, peacock bass, tigrinus catfish, This would be my dream tank.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
I think, from reading on here, that a Dovii will ultimately take that whole tank to himself. An Umbee might not if you pick tankmates very carefully. It just seems to me that a single 610 Gallon tank for a Dovii--you gotta REALLY love Dovii. For that reason, I think I'd try an Umbee, a couple Amph's of similar size/attitude/stature, maybe a single male Jag? You might get away with an Umbee and a Trimac, Barred Midas, and Jag. 4 BIG fish in the tank. But to just have 1 big Dovii, or a pair of them, in a 610 gallon tank....I don't see it. I know that's heresy around here, but that's my thoughts on it.

This guy has a 1000 gallon with a pair of Umbees in with other fish. I think he posts on here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hWZcEkNqls

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store