bottom Corner Chip

MahZi

Feeder Fish
Aug 25, 2014
Tehran
Hi

first of sorry for my bad English.

I just brought my tank up from basement to my bedroom.
I noticed the bottom corner of the glass is chipped and I think there is a 1inch crack on side glass

tank dimension: 78in x 16 x 24(h), or 200cm x 40 x 60
fill to 53cm (425liter - 112gallon)

is there anything I can do?

please consider my situation
I'm physically handicap and it's best if the solution be simple (eg. using aqua glue and glass braces)

pictures
g1.jpg

g2.jpg

Thanks in advance

g1.jpg

g2.jpg

MarineMike

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2014
Southern California
It looks like the tank was dropped on that corner. I wouldn't want to risk that holding water inside the house. Sadly the best solution is probably to buy a new tank. For what it would cost to fix and the amount of work involved a new tank might actually be cheaper.

MarineMike

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2014
Southern California
Well if you want to risk it is up to you. At the very least I'd want to do a reseal and add some glass strips to reinforce that corner. That means removing all the old silicone inside the tank, wiping it down with acetone or denatured alcohol to remove any silicone residue and then applying the new silicone. The new silicone had to be done all at once and fairly quickly so that it doesn't start to cure before you finish. This is because new silicone will not sick to old silicone. You'll need to add the glass strips to reinforce the corner at that time too. I used about 2 1/2 of the tubes that fit into a caulking gun to do a tank about the same size as yours.

The are threads on how to reseal a tank on here with more complete information.

MahZi

Feeder Fish
Aug 25, 2014
Tehran
thanks again

do I have to remove old silicone?
I dont want to argue. i'm just asking
as i mentioned earlier there is no leak
can i use 1glass strip from inside and 1 from out side. for both back and side. and 1 peace of glass for botton
i put them somehow that new silicone can stick to old and new glasses.because new silicone wont stick to old slicone

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store