my jardini is always hiding although he eats really well
i was thinking what kind of tankmates would make him come out of hiding
i bought him 5 days ago

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Stick a few tinfoil barbs or something similar in mate it'll bring him out , he'll kill them eventually but it'll stop him being so shy , if it was me I'd give him a couple of weeks to settle in be patient you'll soon have trouble on your hands lol :D

dudefish82

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
?
Stick a few tinfoil barbs or something similar in mate it'll bring him out , he'll kill them eventually but it'll stop him being so shy , if it was me I'd give him a couple of weeks to settle in be patient you'll soon have trouble on your hands lol :D
thanks mate but i dont want any fish to be killed even the tin foil barbs by the jardini any recomendations like a bottom dweller ? bichir

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Fair enough mate I didn't want my tinfoils dead either but he smashed them up before I could move them :( , as for bottom dwellers my old jar never ate my birchir and easily could have , and now the same birchir could eat my new jar and hasn't bothered so birchir could work , catfish also work well as long as not bite sized my last jar ate a rtc that was pretty big I never thought he would eat it lol :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

kelman

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2009
New York, NY
How about 5-6 red parrot fish? more fish in the tank, less chance of attacking but it raise your jardini confidence as it mature.

dudefish82

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
?
How about 5-6 red parrot fish? more fish in the tank, less chance of attacking but it raise your jardini confidence as it mature.
thanks will the parrot fish be harsh on my jardini i have not kept them before

dudefish82

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
?
Fair enough mate I didn't want my tinfoils dead either but he smashed them up before I could move them :( , as for bottom dwellers my old jar never ate my birchir and easily could have , and now the same birchir could eat my new jar and hasn't bothered so birchir could work , catfish also work well as long as not bite sized my last jar ate a rtc that was pretty big I never thought he would eat it lol :D

yea i might get a bichir or some clown loaches anyway how big was the rtc when he got eaten by your jar did he swallow him whole?

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
yea i might get a bichir or some clown loaches anyway how big was the rtc when he got eaten by your jar did he swallow him whole?
My jar was twice the size of rtc jar was about 10" at the time , no idea what happened just came home to a full jardini and no rtc , there were loads of other cats in my tank at the time but the others were either too big or too spikey to be eaten , others included irwini , Niger's and my African cat
I was really worried when it happened he looked like his stomach was going to pop , after few days it went down and feeding as normal again

dudefish82

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
?
What is the length of your jardini?
about 6 inches i would love some blood parrots as they will cover up the the tank but what are their temperament. also i was considering a bichir or 3 or 4 clown loaches

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store