Female BD starting to heal now

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Finally after nearly 4 weeks she is being left alone by the male and started to heal up. Just starting eating after a 3 week period of hardly eating anything . Hopefully he got the job done.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1408976142.516739.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1408976209.601924.jpg

KNH

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2005
OH...IO
Looks like the male has been playing rough. Hope pups come for you. My female p14 was in bad shape as well a little bit ago.

aquaman45

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2009
England
Good to hear she is feeding again Jim, not be long before she retains her former beauty, rays heal quick. The fact he has lost interest is often a very good sign.

All the best!

vamptrev

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
Chesterfield MI
You will start to learn how much abuse they can take. Some are more sensitive then others.

Make sure the male leaves her alone now

She looks prego in the pics lol

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Thanks Richard. He still gets on her from time to time but nothing like he was doing and deffiniotely not trying to bite her or flip under her. For most of the time they do not come into contact with each other.She eating more and more with each feed now. Just need to wait now.
Good to hear she is feeding again Jim, not be long before she retains her former beauty, rays heal quick. The fact he has lost interest is often a very good sign.

All the best!

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Hi Trev
Yes i have certainly learnt that black rays can give and take a LOT of abuse! Funny what you say about looking pregnant. I have been wondering if she could possibly be in the late stages of pregnancy and he has been trying to get back on her for a second time. Although i doubt it as i watch the tank quite a bit and had not noticed any of the behaviour i have witnessed in the past few weeks before.
You will start to learn how much abuse they can take. Some are more sensitive then others.

Make sure the male leaves her alone now

She looks prego in the pics lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store