Should I Add an Fx5?

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
My current setup is a 150 5x2x2 over stocked with bichirs, clown loaches, bass and dat. My current filter setup is two Eheim Pro 2 2028 canisters with an Emperor 400 HOB. There is also a couple powerheads in the tank as well. I was thinking of adding an fx5 to maximize filtration. Is there still room for improvement on my filtration setup or have I already reach the threshold?

Khapham_1997

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2013
My house!!!!!
My current setup is a 150 5x2x2 over stocked with bichirs, clown loaches, bass and dat. My current filter setup is two Eheim Pro 2 2028 canisters with an Emperor 400 HOB. There is also a couple powerheads in the tank as well. I was thinking of adding an fx5 to maximize filtration. Is there still room for improvement on my filtration setup or have I already reach the threshold?
Add more ;).

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

kiep

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
chicago, il
Good enough. Just do regularly water change.

Sent from my SM-G900T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

West1

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2007
add pothos to amp up filtration and cut back on electricity

KiZZLe

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2008
USA
http://youtu.be/QHI42YGz57U
IMO... I would go buy 2 aquatop CF500UV canister filters over the fx5. Buying 2 aquatop is cheaper then buying 1 FX5. Stock your canister with the best media ( no bio balls ) and you should be set. I own both filters and Aquatop cf500uv is the way to go IMO.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

slippery slimecoat

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2012
New York
I'm all for overfiltering an over stocked tank. With that said, if your not showing any ammonia or nitrite, is it truly necessary to add more filters? Seems like it could be just adding more work by adding another filter to clean.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
I'm all for overfiltering an over stocked tank. With that said, if your not showing any ammonia or nitrite, is it truly necessary to add more filters? Seems like it could be just adding more work by adding another filter to clean.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
water seem a bit cloudy after a week and water change must be done in 10 days or less. Ill still be doing waterchanges weekly but want to increase my waterchange length just in case I am late on a waterchange.

http://youtu.be/QHI42YGz57U
IMO... I would go buy 2 aquatop CF500UV canister filters over the fx5. Buying 2 aquatop is cheaper then buying 1 FX5. Stock your canister with the best media ( no bio balls ) and you should be set. I own both filters and Aquatop cf500uv is the way to go IMO.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
i don't have any experience with this brand. I was thinking fx5, Eheims, or rena XP.

add pothos to amp up filtration and cut back on electricity
how much lighting do you need? I have room to add two photos plants.

Cant have too much filtration especially when over stocked
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
i agreed but at a certain point there is no more benefits to add more filters.

Joe I would just do it. LOL the more horsepower...the better LOL
too much horsepower on a turbo will get you kill around the turns. There come a point that we can over filter anymore.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store