Good Fish Stores/Suppliers in NY/NJ

Eclipse390

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2011
Hudson Valley, NY
Title says it all…in the Hudson Valley, NY
Every store is closed around me - looking to check out some new stores to get some stocking ideas. Any suggestions?

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
Oh well that's just plain sad. There's no where else?!
Well.... recent closures Fred's, Pet Shanty, Rt 4 Aquarium (some of the guys opened up NJ exotics in Lodi but small fish section)... Monster in Queens is cool...I stop in fishtown usa once in a while because it is by my office (not to interesting).. Fish Hut (only africans #nobluefish)

Eclipse390

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2011
Hudson Valley, NY
Damn…everything is closing. Half of the fun was seeing the fish & seeing what they had in stock. Kinda takes the fun out of when you have to over online.

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
Well.... recent closures Fred's, Pet Shanty, Rt 4 Aquarium (some of the guys opened up NJ exotics in Lodi but small fish section)... Monster in Queens is cool...I stop in fishtown usa once in a while because it is by my office (not to interesting).. Fish Hut (only africans #nobluefish)
Ely's is worth a stop

noside

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2014
NJ
I usually go to Fish hut and Absolutely Fish

Fish hut has a lot of Africans also a good selecation of CA SA cichlids.

Absolutely Fish is all your higher end needs, more expensive store but great selection and healthy stock.

kelman

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2009
New York, NY
Another aquarium store located in Queens is call Northern Aquarium. Both of the aquarium store i mention is located in Queens

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store