What's the minimum salary for a Gar & Ararpima outdoor pond in New York City?

kelman

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2009
New York, NY
Hey I need some information for having a backyard pond but inside a huge garage enclosure (like having a facility in the backyard) where it can survive through the winter. I know New York is too crowded to even be starting this kind of project. I know starting this project can be done and would not cost a lot to build it but other hand running the project is costly. I want to know what kind of salary must I earn annually in order to keep this project running smoothly.

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
This is a really tough question to answer. For me running a 200gal, 90 gal, and 20 gal outside in an unheated facility costed me around 300$ a month

reptilerescued

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2014
nepa
Is the pond already there? Or the enclosure?
that will be the biggest cost. putting those in. You can save some money by putting the pond in yourself but that cost more time.

from scratch I would think 10 K and up if there was nothing to start with. (just the build)
Monthly running costs would be anywhere from 50 bux ( about the cost of a hot tub) to 300 + bux depending on electric pond/structure size and such.

You can save alot if you don't heat it, but then you are limited to what you stock, and the time you can enjoy it.
Would also save some on food.
Fish eat less when it's cold since their metabolism slows down.

Rich

PS:
Post this over on the pond section those guys know a ton about indoor and out door ponds.
the pit falls and the making it great.

Yoimbrian

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2013
Twin cities
It's not salary it's priorities.

Do you want to travel?
Do you want a nice house?
Do you want a nice car?
Do you spend money going out to eat?
Nice clothes?
Do you save for retirement?

It's amazing how much you can spend on a certain hobby if you answer "no" to most of those questions.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

reptilerescued

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2014
nepa
It's not salary it's priorities.

Do you want to travel?
Do you want a nice house?
Do you want a nice car?
Do you spend money going out to eat?
Nice clothes?
Do you save for retirement?

It's amazing how much you can spend on a certain hobby if you answer "no" to most of those questions.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
That's what I tell people about my hobbies.
The ask how I can afford this or that.....
I answer back "I don't drive that 800.00 a month car like you do."
I also don't drive junk.

I am guilty of the nice house/car ( no payment on either) and retirement thingy.
No, on the rest though.

Rich

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store