Should I be worried about new SAE

bloodlucky

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2014
New York
My "true" siamese algae eater (or siamese flying fox) arrived in the mail today, as it best fit my need for a peaceful clean-up fish that does a thorough job of cleaning algae. Even though my tank is still new, all my tanks seem to become very prone to algae overgrowth. At any rate, after introducing my SAE, my blood parrots immediately started chasing him around the tank. Fortunately BP have deformed, little mouths that don't do much damage at all, and the SAE is much faster and agile, leaving the BP's behind in the dust. I'm more worried about long term, though. I didn't expect this kind of reaction from my BP's and if they never learn to get used to the SAE it might cause some serious stress to it. He's doing a good job of hiding from the BP, and the BP do give up after a while before continuing their wild chase. So maybe they'll let up

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

bloodlucky

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2014
New York
Probably. They aren't the most efficient algae cleaners FYI. In my opinion that award goes to nerite snails.
So far no issues. Just saw them hiding from me together. Nerite snails might be the next addition then. I also read about this product called the "robosnail," it's literally quite what it sounds. An automatic robotic snail that cleans the glass for you.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store