Update On My Setups

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
It's been a very busy year for the hobby for me. Last year at this time I had one tank, a 30 tall. Now I'm up to 6 tanks (setting up my 7th next week) and two "bin-ponds". So I figured I'd do an update on them all since I've been getting some comments on other threads that I should. I'll go in the order that I set them up.

First Tank: 30 Gallon Tall (24" X 12" X 24") Tropical Community
Stock- 1 Koi Angelfish, 1 Blue Gourami, 1 Sailfin Molly, 1 Electric Blue Acara, 2 Aeneus Corys, 1 Asian Bumblebee Catfish, 1 Blueye Ancistrus (I believe they're also called Lemon Ancistrus)
Plants- Anubias, Java Fern, 2 Plastic Plants
Lighting- 6 hours
image.jpg

Second Tank: 75 Gallon (48" X 18" X 20") Tropical and Native Community
Stock- 6 Giant Danios, 3 Cutteri Cichlids, 1 Striped Raphael Catfish, 1 Gibbiceps Pleco (growout), 1 Yellow Bullhead (growout)
Plants- 2 Plastic Plants
Lighting- 6 hours
image.jpg

Third Tank: 30 Gallon Long (36" X 12" X 16") Chub Community
Stock: 4 Creek Chubs, 1 Green Sunfish
Plants: 2 Plastic Plants
Lighting: None
image.jpg

Fourth Tank: 20 Gallon Tall (24" X 12" X 16") Native Planted Creek Tank
Stock: 2 Greenside Darters, 2 Rainbow Darters, 1 Pugnose Minnow, 1 Bluefin Killie, looking to add a school of shiners or dace soon
Plants: Texas Hornwort, Water Sprite
Lighting: 12 hours
image.jpg

Fifth Tank: 20 Gallon Tall (24" X 12" X 16") Yellow Perch Growout Tank
Stock: 3 Juvenile Yellow Perch (growouts)
Plants: None
Lighting: None
image.jpg

Sixth Tank: 2 Gallon (odd dimensions) "Algae Growth Experiment"
Stock: 2 Trapdoor Snails
Plants: a lot of algae :)
Lighting: the Sun
image.jpg

Seventh Tank (still setting up): 15 Gallon (24" X 12" X 12") Corydoras paleatus Breeding Tank
Stock (will be): 5-6 Corydoras paleatus
Plants: None
Lighting: 6 hours
image.jpg

On to the bin-pond-things!

First Bin: 14 Gallon Bin Snail Breeding Colony
Stock: 150ish Malaysian Trumpet Snails (feeders for my darters)
Plants: Duckweed
image.jpg

Second Bin: 20 Gallon Bin Snail Breeding Colony
Stock: 20ish large native snails (feeders for my darters)
Plants: Anacharis and a TON of suspended green algae
image.jpg

And that about does it for my setup as of now! I'll do an update next week once I get the Cory tank up and running. As far as future plans I'm not going to be setting up any more tanks until I have my Fishroom finished which could be anywhere from next month to next summer. After the Fishroom is setup I'll be breeding a ton of fish, mainly catfish and natives such as several Corydoras species, Plecos, Synodontis, Wood Catfish species, Dollar; Bantam; Spotted; and Redspotted Sunfish, several species of native killies, several native minnows, and several species of darters. Going to be one heck of a Fishroom by the time I'm moving into my own house :). I'll also probably (95% sure) be setting up a quite large pond next spring in a holding wall outside my garage probably around 600-700 gallons as well as a 180-240 gallon large native fish display tank in my Fishroom once I get the money together since the Fishroom alone is going to hurt my wallet.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
My favourite is the 2 gallon

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Oh that thing, was a pain to setup you know, took me a few months of fine tuning the decor before I was happy with the way it looks. :ROFL:

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
The aquascaping is second to none, thank you, for sharing your incredible vision with us :p

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
The aquascaping is second to none, thank you, for sharing your incredible vision with us :p

Thank you so much for your compliment sir! I really tried my hardest to make the bottom look as plastic like and bland as possible, it's hard to do you know when people are always encouraging you to make tanks look nice.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Going to root the hornwort in my 20 tall creek tank in a bit and I'll take some pictures after that. Think it'll look way better.

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
Great update man! What happened to the darters?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store