NGT feeding???

Khapham_1997

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2013
My house!!!!!
Hey guys. Getting my new ngt from my lfs tmr!! Super nice! Solid "gold". Hehe. Any ways, it's going to be with my bichirs and 2 Ntts. My 2 Ntts currently feeding on shrimp, tilapia, smelts and other stuff. The ngt is around 3"-4". And Ntts are around 6". So... Is it hard to train my new ngt to take other food than lives? I heard that "Monkeys see monkeys do" :D. What do you guys think???

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

SickSauce

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2011
Mekong Delta
it will defiantly help. Mines is on krill at the moment but I would start it off on Live tubiflex worms to get it to feed and just feed normal food and it will learn from other Dats

Xia

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2014
New York
I think it would Definitely help out with training for prepared food. I had 2 4" IT that were pellet trained and when I threw 2 more in there they watched them eat and started as well after 2 weeks. A lot faster than compared to starving them for a month or more

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

-DC-

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2009
Canada
I got mine at 1/4" , i found that they were timid toward new food and very hard to get eating
unless they saw another fish eat first and then they became very greedy feeders.

Kept in groups or with other fish they were very agressive feeders, competition seems too drive there feeding responce through the roof, other fast agressive feeders seemed to trigger then into racing for any food offered.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store