Freshwater Crab ID

davion2183

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 23, 2012
Indonesia
Guys.. I am helping a friend of mine to post a pic of a Freshwater Crab that she rescued.

Turns out that the old owner was fuming mad because the crab went and killed over 150 bucks worth of fish...including a 40 buck baby gar, and was on the verge of killing it when my friend arrived.

Will post pics soon for an ID. Hope you guys can help.

davion2183

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 23, 2012
Indonesia
Crab 1.jpgCrab 2.jpgCrab 3.jpg

This is the crab my friend rescued and adopted... as you can see it is still eating the baby gar... any idea what this freshwater crab is? Its purple in color I am told.

Crab 1.jpg

Crab 2.jpg

Crab 3.jpg

Gill Blue

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2011
michigan
Turns out that the old owner was fuming mad because the crab went and killed over 150 bucks worth of fish...including a 40 buck baby gar, and was on the verge of killing it when my friend arrived.
this crap is hilarious. did your friend point out that the only reason that crab was able to get to that guys fish was because he put it in the tank, meaning he is ultimately responsible for killing his 150$ in fish and should really just kill himself, not the crab. the crab was just being a crab.

I would guess Parathelphusa convexa, but it's just a guess.

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Looks like a needle nose gar, if he paid 40$ for it then that's a bad deal to begin with

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store