Need help with bumps on gar fin?

Tygrant

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2014
Houston, Texas
I can't seem to find anything helping explain what these bumps are.. Sort of look like pimples. They don't seem to bug him. He's had them for a month or so now. Water quality is fine, I do weekly 30% changes and he's in a 120 gallon tank with a RTC and Nigerian bichir. Please help?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1409117462.447768.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1409117476.562727.jpg

reptilerescued

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2014
nepa
I have no idea.
My gar doesn't have anything like that or any defects that I can see.( pic you posted is hard to see the spots)

My suggestion would be the good 'ole "salt the tank" it won't hurt the gar or bichir I'm not sure about the cat but I wouldn't think so since it's a catfish.
I'm salting 15 tablespoons to a 55 grow out right now.
Gar, bichir, 2 whiptail cats. the rest are feeders. all are fine.

Could be anything since these are almost all WC fish.

Rich

reptilerescued

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2014
nepa
http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?226328-Salt-and-Its-Uses
salt and it's uses.

Good instructions, just replace salt as you do water changes.

Salt seems to be a good idea even if you don't have any problems.

I don't have any issues and I'm salting. a box of canning salt is like 3 bux for 2 lbs good/cheap insurance against losing a fish.

Also my 15 to 50 is a one time dose. I moved the bichir in with him and wanted to prevent/protect against any cross contamination.
Rich

Rich

reptilerescued

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2014
nepa
How's the Gar? Salt help any?

Still got spots?

Rich

joel

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2005
THE GARDEN STATE
Sometimes when there is trauma to the fins they get small bumps on them. Are any of the fish attacking the gar? Maybe the rtc is when lights go out. I can't really see anything from pics though.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store