Odd dealing at Starbucks

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
So my family and I went on vacation last week. It was more a trip than a vacation because we did ALLOT of driving. I have 3 kids four and under. My wife and her parents came as well. My father n' law and I wanted some coffee so we stopped at starbucks that was next door to where we were getting gas. So we walked over and we ordered coffee. My father n' law wanted to order something for the kids and asked the person working if they had any drinks for kids. She named some fruit shake type things but this is what blew my mind. She said they are "healthy shakes so the taste bit chemically" I was the only one that found that weird "Healthy so they taste chemically"... Healthy should not taste chemically does anyone else find this weird?

The person behind the counter kept trying to sell my Father n Law on these shakes like she had some kind of quota I tried to be kind and kept saying no thank you, but I finally had to end it with "look I don't want my kids having it period" She said to my father n law well my friends daughter loves it. I left with out coffee. My father N law is a great guy I love him like my own father so I don't blame him he was trying to be nice.

I am just blown away by this lady trying to sell like her life depended on it and trying to circumvent the parent. The other I still cant believe is "its healthy so it tastes a little chemically" Nobody else seems to find this strange.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
That sounds like something that a kid or a very young adult would say,how old did the employee appear to be?

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
That sounds like something that a kid or a very young adult would say,how old did the employee appear to be?
She was in her early 20's.

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
I've had their smoothies. They're actually pretty good.
I am sure they are just not good for a small child.

I am actually over it. Last night I just felt the need to vent and it seems like nobody around me understood where I was coming from and given the amount of views and lack of comments I guess I am in the minority :D

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
Starbuck is dumb anyway. I honestly can't believe people pay that much for a drink. I can buy lunch with a drink included for $7.

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
Starbuck is dumb anyway. I honestly can't believe people pay that much for a drink. I can buy lunch with a drink included for $7.
Very true! we don't frequent there that's why we didn't know the menu it was a stop of convenience. My favorite is Stewart's (North Eastern gas station/convenient store) best hazelnut coffee ever and its on a $1.

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
Do you remember what drink it was? I can't think of any I've had that tasted chemically

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
No I can't there was the fruit smoothy but the machine was broken, the vanilla bean frap, and this healthy shake thing. I probably would have gone for the vanilla bean thing but I couldn't get her off this health shake thing.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store