9 Year Old Girl Accidentally Kills Shooting Instructor with Uzi

Status
Not open for further replies.

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
First of all, this is not a thread to spark a gun debate. es no bueno, keep that out of here por favor

The intention is to share my feeling of dumbfoundedness and baffledness (yes I just made up those words) after reading about this

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/arizona-shooting-range-instructor-killed-girl-uzi-n189611

first of all, i'm ok with teaching kids at a young age about gun safety, handling of the weapons and that they are not toys and should never be handled without supervision.

I think it's better for them to have a healthy respect for guns rather than to be ignorant and do something stupid at a friends house if they come across them.

but why in the hell is a 9 year old girl firing a freaking uzi?? at that age it should be a pellet gun at first and then once experienced they can move on to a 22

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
The real question is why was the girl allowed to handle a fully automatic weapon?..The news media seems to be in love with mentioning that the gun was an Uzi while leaving out that it was not a semi automatic firearm.This is a case of stupidity on the part of all the adults who are involved here,including the poor fellow who was killed.

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
well i'm not a gun person, but I know an uzi is fully auto.

learned that from movies and call of duty

I agree though, I blame the adults involved

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
well i'm not a gun person, but I know an uzi is fully auto.
Not sure if you were joking or not but the majority of Uzis that are sold these days are semi automatic,and quite a few of the those Uzis are even chambered for the .22 caliber round.

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
Heard about this, this morning. Unless she has 15 inch arms, at that age she should not be touching one of those. Stupidity at work.

gorak

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
mn
A nongun person that get their knowledge from movies and video games has no ground to stand on when it comes to trying to explain proper ages for weapons trainings.

You know in the middle east 9 yr olds are running around with ak47s and RPGs right?

With proper training and education the person can shoot and use any gun they are qualified to. This case was adult error and the media is going to eat it up.

Uneducated masses are the reason for all the issues with guns/ gun control.

This thread will likely be closed before to long as the word "gun" was mentioned. I will no longer be posing either as this is a ban happy topic.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
Not sure if you were joking or not but the majority of Uzis that are sold these days are semi automatic,and quite a few of the those Uzis are even chambered for the .22 caliber round.
no, not joking. I did not know that

any time I think of uzi, I just automatically think fully auto

I'll be going to bed less ignorant today

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
A nongun person that get their knowledge from movies and video games has no ground to stand on when it comes to trying to explain proper ages for weapons trainings.

You know in the middle east 9 yr olds are running around with ak47s and RPGs right?

With proper training and education the person can shoot and use any gun they are qualified to. This case was adult error and the media is going to eat it up.

Uneducated masses are the reason for all the issues with guns/ gun control.

This thread will likely be closed before to long as the word "gun" was mentioned. I will no longer be posing either as this is a ban happy topic.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
funny you mention this thread will be closed and you're also the first to bring up gun control. which I clearly stated what this thread is not about

the movie and video game comment was just a joke dude

and this is not the middle east.

and also, because it happens in the middle east doesn't make it ok

I don't need to be a gun expert to know that a 9 year old should not be handling an uzi

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store