8x4x2 or stacked 180s?

jandb

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2009
Lewis Center, OH
Hello, thought I'd get some opinions on this one. My dream tank is an 8' by 4' wide and 2 to 2 1/2' tall acrylic. I'd like to do some cichla, arrowana, etc. I've recently been interested in natives and feel like variety is the spice of life. That leads me to thinking about doing stacked 180s or maybe 265s if I can find them at the right price. I'm not worried about weight or anything as they'll be going in my basement fishroom. I have room for an 8' footprint. My only concern on the stacked tanks is the 2' width potentially limiting some stocking options. I'm also a big acrylic fan and the stacked tanks would probably end up being glass. I'd be buying either of these options used and building the stands. Does anyone have any thoughts? Any tanks that would fit this description for sale?

jandb

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2009
Lewis Center, OH
Great answer! Been looking for one all over clist for 2 years and can't find one I can afford! Seems like you can buy a new one for around $2800. It seems like they rarely come up used. I'm trying to have about half that in the tank/tanks.

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
If you want big cichla and an arowana (presuming Osteoglossum Spp.) then there's really only one option...

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
Get the bigger tank. There really shouldn't be a debate if you're serious about getting an aro or pbass.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store