Red Bay Snook

TheBroc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
CALIFORNIA
never really heard of these before, saw them in a LFS and had to get them. not sure much about them or their value but seemed like a good deal. one is 6" and the other about 7"

CAM00409.jpg

CAM00410.jpg

CAM00411.jpg

KNH

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2005
OH...IO
Very peaceful but have huge mouths. Nice fish. Females grow to about 12" and males to about 16". Males have more speckling so I'm guessing you have 2 males there. Not 100% though.

robham7770

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2014
mobile
KNH is obviously familiar with these fish, but I was gonna say they have big mouths, and big eyes so they probably have big appetites.

Nice pick up, and best of luck!

FishRetard

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2014
Canada
Best solo, groups, pairs?
They're peaceful fish, they do good with other peaceful fish and can hold their own with the aggressive ones. They can and will try to eat anything they think will fit in their mouths and they have a huge appetite. Very nice fish, I have a 14" male, just lost my female a month ago

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

CANAMONSTER

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2012
Barrie
Very nice pick up! I love Snook both morphs as there is a wild morph as well! Very under rated fish IMO. These guys hit food hard and will be the first to get any food that hits the surface!
KNH, I think 18 to 20 inch might be more of a Max size

jsodwi

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2005
south of heaven
I have. 15" one I had it for over 5 years now. He's pretty mellow but will chase my dats and peacock bass if they enter his territory

hbluehunter

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2007
Lynnwood, Wa.
I don't have the red's but do have 4 of the wild morphs, i really like these guys.. Like was said above these guys have a huge mouth and hit food hard. When i drop a handfull of pellets in the tank some come flying right back out because of how aggressive at feeding time they are. Plus mine eat until they can't even close their moth anymore..lol Mine are about the same size as yours.. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store