Spray bar position

shookONES

Casper... the not so friendly ghost
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
I like to position my spray bars at the water's surface shooting across. Agitating the surface helps get oxygen dissolved in the water column.

soupa2

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2007
cyn
I like to position my spray bars at the water's surface shooting across. Agitating the surface helps get oxygen dissolved in the water column.
+1. I placed both spray bar at the surface also. I run 2 eheim 2262 on my 180.. I set 1 bar to top surface and place the other right beneath the other one... Another reason is because I shut off my filters when I feed and few times I forget to turn them back on so in the morning I will notices it the water isn't splashing noise I know something is wrong.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Jag586

Piranha
MFK Member
May 28, 2012
st clair shores
For two year I ran with my spray bar at the surface and I don't really like it to me it's silly to add clean warm water to the top of the tank where the top of the tank is the point the water goes down to the filter. I've never had problems with keeping my tank clean so it does work that way I was just looking for a better way I was thinking of drawing the water from the bottom might give better circulation so I went to Home Depot and bought some PVC I'm planning on spray bar in back pointed up with 4 "jets" in the front pointed towards the back my only problem is I don't know if this will work or if I should forget the spray bar all together and maybe add 2-4 more jets

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store