Anybody help me identify thse rainbows

theRawa

Feeder Fish
Aug 28, 2014
Maryland
I got 3 rainbows from the petco adoption tank and the guy there said that they are boesemani but Ive kept them before and they definitely are not. I don't know a whole lot about rainbows. They have a orangish red tint to them with what looks like a pearlessent scale intereior

100_0200.JPG

100_0200.JPG

spiff44

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2007
Midwest
It looks like a young Austrailian.. but it still might be a boesemani if its a small, dull female.

I have some Rainbows too that were sold to me as "Chromatic rainbows" and then I found out afterwards that apparently there is no such thing. Also I was never able to find them anywhere online... so who knows what to think? They might just be rejects from some farms breeding projects.

theRawa

Feeder Fish
Aug 28, 2014
Maryland
It looks like a young Austrailian.. but it still might be a boesemani if its a small, dull female.

I have some Rainbows too that were sold to me as "Chromatic rainbows" and then I found out afterwards that apparently there is no such thing. Also I was never able to find them anywhere online... so who knows what to think? They might just be rejects from some farms breeding projects.
I don't think they're rejects, they don't have any unsightly deformities or non-uniformed patterns, but I do think they're from an Australian line. Thank you for your reply.

http://rainbowfish.angfaqld.org.au

Probably under melanotaenia

signature
-----------------------------------------------------------

"And if I can't have everything, well then just give me a taste"

Thank you for the reply, and the link to the book seems really useful, thank you for that (it'll get alot of use from me). I have to agree with you, they do looks like Melanotaenia.

That's not a very good picture but it looks like a Melanotaenia sp. maybe fluviatilis. I can say its not a boesemani.
I have to agree with you, even compared to other juveniles, they look nothing like boesemani's. And sorry about the picture quality, im just a poor college student and the only camera I really have is on my dumbphone. Thank you for the response though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store