Considering trading my 125 gal for a 75 or 90 gal...

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
So I am considering trading my 125 gallon in for a 75 or 90 gallon. My 125 gallon is too large for my living room. I am on the market for a house and for my price range I am having a hard time finding a living room large enough for my 6 foot tank to fit in without overwhelming the space. I am seriously thinking about trading my 125 in for a 75 or 90 gallon. I just want your opinion before I make a final decision. I just don't want to end up regreting my decision but I also want to be realistic about my situation. Thanks for your opinion.

***125 GALLON: 1 Jack Dempsey, 1 Convict, 2 German Blue Rams, 2 red jewels, 1 Green Terror, 1 Gold Gourami, 1 Angelfish, and 1 12 inch pleco.
60 GALLON: 1 Red Devil.***

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
Im trying to remember why I ever wanted a huge tank in the first place. I think my only motivation for getting a bigger tank was to be able to keep multiple aggressive cichlids. I still haven't been able to do that without running into aggression issues again.

***125 GALLON: 1 Jack Dempsey, 1 Convict, 2 German Blue Rams, 2 red jewels, 1 Green Terror, 1 Gold Gourami, 1 Angelfish, and 1 12 inch pleco.

Crazy mike

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2012
Vacaville,California
Im trying to remember why I ever wanted a huge tank in the first place. I think my only motivation for getting a bigger tank was to be able to keep multiple aggressive cichlids. I still haven't been able to do that without running into aggression issues again.

Cause a 125 isn't near huge. It may seem so but it's really only big enough for one really aggressive larger cichlid or 3-4 medium semi aggressive ones

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

BlueTailCatfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2014
bmore
Cause a 125 isn't near huge. It may seem so but it's really only big enough for one really aggressive larger cichlid or 3-4 medium semi aggressive ones

+1 you might as well get rid of all the cichlids if you are even further downgrading. Maybe buy a smaller tank and go a different direction with the stock

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
Well...what "multiple aggressive cichlids" have you had trouble keeping in the 125? What size were they? Did they come from a tank where they lived alone? Was one much bigger than the others? What kind of fish are you interested in keeping in the future? What would you do with tbe 75 or 90?

I would keep it and buy a bigger tank if it was me. Buy a house with one more bedroom than u need, put a 600 gallon in it and call it your office. Use the 125 as a QT.

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va

Exactly. I don't feel like I am able to do much more with a 125 then I can do with my 60 as far as cichlids are concerned. I just feel like all that I have truly gained is a higher water bill. Also it is such a hassle to treat such a big tank with medications.

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
Well...what "multiple aggressive cichlids" have you had trouble keeping in the 125? What size were they? Did they come from a tank where they lived alone? Was one much bigger than the others? What kind of fish are you interested in keeping in the future? What would you do with tbe 75 or 90?

I would keep it and buy a bigger tank if it was me. Buy a house with one more bedroom than u need, put a 600 gallon in it and call it your office. Use the 125 as a QT.

I had aggression issues including death with quite a few american cichlids. If I were to down grade then I would keep my jack dempsey or green terror with some dithers. I would love it if I could put a school or two in with my jack dempsey. Im not interested in a fish room. I prefer for my tank to be in my living room and bedroom

kiupuriash

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2014
paramount
I dont think 125 is "that huge of a tank" most sumps are tha size. thats a 6 foot tank right? it fits anywhere lol

Sent from my SGH-M919 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store