Hello and sawadee krab

orothinius

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2014
Thailand
Hello,

My name is Henk and i was born in the Netherlands ive been an angler since i was about 4 years old and always had a fascination with fish but it was not untill my friend bought an aquarium that i got interested in this great hobby.
I started out with a second hand aqua40 with a few cherry barbles and some bottom feeder, got hooked, bought a aqua 65 3 months later with a gazillion different species ( i was 13 at the time).
Then a year later got into a larger 80 liter tank that was my pride and joy kept your usual betta fish, coridoras some tetra's etc in it and kept that until i had to give it away when i moved out.
After that i was constantly on the move and unable to keep a decent aquarium and mostly went to the local fishshop to marvel at there tanks especially at the arowana's my favorite aquarium fish.
Fast forwards a few years and i ended up in Thailand where imo its a true mekka for the fish enthusiast , both in the angling as in the aquarium side of the fishfrenzied mind i can say this country rules.
I Dont have a aquarium at the moment but this will change in a few months when my new house is finished, im planning on making a 3-4m arowana tank with a few asian arowana's i will be posting updates of my tank and of the arowana markets i hope to find my new aro's

I also had 3 ponds made behind my house 2 ponds are 35/15/1,5m i keep common thai catfish in these that we sell to the market, and the last one is my life long dream a fishing pond 55 x 90 x 8m wich i plan to stock with all sorts of monsters including arapaima, gars, mekong catfish, redtails , aro's etc.

Well i gues that summs it up!

SuperDave

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2008
C.A
Welcome along orothinius, lots of great info here :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store