new to the group.... stocking?

jack.kemp

Feeder Fish
Aug 29, 2014
crawley
Evening lads and ladies,

I'm just in the process of breaking down my 1200l marine system and turning it in to a tropical tank... As I have spent many years with marines I'm not really familiar with my options as far as tropicals go....

The main tank is 5.5' x 2.5' x 2', so adequate space for some decent fish I hope. I'd like a tiger oscar amongst others and a few cichlids, perhaps a snakehead if there are any smaller species that would be suitable to live in my tank?

Any other suggestions for some brightly coloured fish that could live with these guys?

I also have a pair of large musk turtles that I would like to add to the big tank if possible.... does anyone have any experience with mixing these?

BigFinn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2012
America
People usually have a bad experience when they mix turtles with fish, a turtle will eat a fish if it can catch it. The tank u have has a good footprint for a lot of fish. I do not know where Crawley is but i assume it is in the United states where snake heads are illegal, so that's a no go.

760fishaddict

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2014
yucca valley
I personally do not like Oscar's they are the messiest fresh water fish imo consider all your decor and gravel moved knocked over iv kept them for years but finally got tired of them. There are many species much cooler looking like Texas cichlids, jack Dempsey, green or red terror, jaguar just to name a few.

chevyguy1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2013
kansas
hello everyone i live in kansas, and am looking to connect with fellow monster fish keepers, i have 2-55gal, 1-110gal, 1-210gal(currently building). looking to upgrade gallons and or build pond.......current fish are: 2 rtc, 1 tsnc, 3 oscars, 2 rb pacus, several plecos, handful of tilapia(rtc loves em), 3 lmb, 1 indo tiger fish, 2 frontosa and a smaller tank with a convict mating pair, looking forward to talking with some of you.

chevyguy1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2013
kansas
And how could I forget my wonderful silver arowana

Sent from my XT1080 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store