Under gravel jet system

Jag586

Piranha
MFK Member
May 28, 2012
st clair shores
A, 4 jets pointing to back the back bar will have holes in top to act as a spray bar pointing up

B, the whole wall has a reverse flow under gravel filter

C, same as B but has two bars added in middle to aid in spreading out flow

D, is just 6 or so jets pointing in a circle motion

I'll post pics in a few

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
UaruJoey did a video about a setup similar to this about 2 months ago, looked like an interesting idea; a way to aerate and clean substrate that would never have occurred to me. That's if I'm understanding what you're proposing and that your "spray bar" configuration will be buried under the substrate. The only difference is he proposed the spray jets being pointed toward one another toward the center of the set up to keep the flow constantly going through all the substrate cleaning and aerating it. In either case sounds like an interesting build and I can't wait to see it completed and how it looks in an aquarium system.

[YT]UZqvOZI6-pc&list=UUM9oZkV3tGJuUUhgZaiGZkQ[/YT]

Jag586

Piranha
MFK Member
May 28, 2012
st clair shores
More or less I want a slower less current in my tank as I'm going to have frontosa so I figure if I have the flow go bottom up it will be a slower flow and help keep tank clean my setup now is a spray bar at the top of the tank which works but i think it's not that effective because the clean warm water enters and exits the top so I figure if I have the warm clean water pushing up it might give better filtration of the tank I could be wrong but I'm bored so worth a try

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store