Motaguensis compared to Loiselle

Quo Vadis

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2014
Wisconsin
I have been planning to try a Loiselle, since they have the reputation for being less aggressive than other Parachromis, but I now have the opportunity to get a Red Tiger Motaguensis instead. I know they get about the same size, but is there any appreciable difference in personality or aggression I should know about?

Ray neo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2014
woodlands
Bro, motaguense is much more aggressive then loiselle la, last time l did keep loiselle very nice to com.,np for me, but sometime also depends on the fish. Thx!

1BadMarine

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2014
Ridgefield, WA
RTM are definitely more aggressive. I keep all Parachromis and I have to say, the RTM's are right up there with my Managuense. The Loiselle is no push over. I have a dominant female that isn't afraid of anything.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

crxlsturbo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2013
Cental Coast,Ca
RTM are definitely more aggressive. I keep all Parachromis and I have to say, the RTM's are right up there with my Managuense. The Loiselle is no push over. I have a dominant female that isn't afraid of anything.

I always thought it was the other way around for the Mana? I've raised 4 managuense 2 males and 2 females. And none of them have ever been that aggressive unlike my RTM. I just picked him up 3 months ago and he's already killed my Robertsoni and 2 Bandit cichlids. None of my Managuense have ever killed any of my fish.

I think RTM's are more aggressive.

1BadMarine

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2014
Ridgefield, WA
I always thought it was the other way around for the Mana? I've raised 4 managuense 2 males and 2 females. And none of them have ever been that aggressive unlike my RTM. I just picked him up 3 months ago and he's already killed my Robertsoni and 2 Bandit cichlids. None of my Managuense have ever killed any of my fish.

I think RTM's are more aggressive.
I guess it depends on the fish. My Jag had killed a 6" Male Dovii that had a bonded female in the tank and bullies everything in the tank. All of my RTM's are under 3" so I guess they haven't grown into their evil yet. All the Dovii I've had have been pretty mild mannere.

Cichlidshady

Banned
Aug 22, 2014
dallas
Sent from my SM-G900V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App sorry I'm on wrong fourm but I need ASAP help wit h my jaguar the oscar just but his side and now he has one fin on his side and he is only swimming with one

Crazy mike

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2012
Vacaville,California
Sent from my SM-G900V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App sorry I'm on wrong fourm but I need ASAP help wit h my jaguar the oscar just but his side and now he has one fin on his side and he is only swimming with one
Separate the two and post pics so we can see how badly damaged it is.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Cichlidshady

Banned
Aug 22, 2014
dallas
Sent from my SM-G900V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App I can't only divider we have is keeping the jack dempsey contained (he is a one of a kind psycho) but he is using it now and the oscar just oscasionally bites but he good a good bite on him today but I think he is fine he is moving it normally now

EricJ7182

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2011
Jersey
I've kept everything but dovii, so I can't speak to their behavior. RTMs can be down right nasty. The current pair I have killed every tankmate I tried to keep with them. If you want a more docile tank stick with them loiselli; however if you have the space it's hard to pass on Motas. Depending on where you are real Motas can be hard to find and are worth keeping in a solo tank.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store