Will massivore change the color of spots ?

softturtle

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2005
N.W. Indiana
Just curious, will massivore change the color of a Leo's spots (or any black/white ray)? I have seen a few Asian hybrids fed massivore that had yellowish almost orange spots, but being hybrids I wasn't sure if it was in their blood or from the food.

chevyguy1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2013
kansas
Not sure of this but I have seen videos of rays getting massivore and having no effects

Sent from my XT1080 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
Just curious, will massivore change the color of a Leo's spots (or any black/white ray)? I have seen a few Asian hybrids fed massivore that had yellowish almost orange spots, but being hybrids I wasn't sure if it was in their blood or from the food.
No

Just like if I eat carrot I won't turn red

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

softturtle

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2005
N.W. Indiana
What if carrots were the main part of your diet?

flukekiller

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2014
gloucester, va 23061
No

Just like if I eat carrot I won't turn red

Actually if you eat too many carrots your palms and skin, will turn yellowish/ orange. Too much beta carotene will do this in people. As for the rays I can not answer that.

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
Actually if you eat too many carrots your palms and skin, will turn yellowish/ orange. Too much beta carotene will do this in people. As for the rays I can not answer that.
I was going to say the beta carotene can actually change your color https://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/supplement/betacarotene

that being said my only rays ive had were a couple henlei with a diet of massivore and frozen and fresh fish and they had some of the whitest spots ive seen on hens so no I dont think thats causing rays spots to discolor

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
If your sole food was carrot nothing else then yes I think it could change skin colour but massivore isn't just one ingredient so probably won't change skin colour I'm no scientist do don't know for sure

I know hikari does have colour enhancers in some foods but they are enhancers not changers

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store