Status
Not open for further replies.

RampageRR

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2012
MD/VA/WV
www.youtube.com
Reposting this as the buyer has been unresponsive.

$
325 (lowered) obo, Hoplias curupira (aka black wolf fish)

14" or so, possibly 15" if his fins are all splayed out and he's flexing. Probably a little thicker around than a coke can. Super active and not timid whatsoever, will smack the glass and attack the lids when feeding. He's an awesome fish, but the rest of my family isn't really into him since they're all kind of spooked out by him. My kids have convinced me to sell him (although I don't really want to) and let them pick out some stock that they're interested in. I guess I'll allow it since they're getting into fish now :D.

He eats full shell on shrimp, vita-chem soaked tilapia, massivore, etc. I can't transport this guy anywhere, so you'll have to be able to pick him up from my house (approx. an hour to hour and 15 minutes from most places in N. Va and Maryland, only about 35-40 mins from Frederick, MD). Please PM me if interested or have any questions about him. Thanks!

Please note that this video is from when he was first imported, his fins are 100% healed now and aren't frayed like they are in this video.

[video=youtube;pjy7O6Y0_A4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjy7O6Y0_A4[/video]

RampageRR

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2012
MD/VA/WV
www.youtube.com
Also willing to listen to trades for medium max sized less available SA cichlids. My kids seem to really want smaller/medium sized geos (tapajos, etc), and I'd like to mix those with something similar to andinoacara stalsbergi, c. ornatum, etc. PM me if you're interested and have these or similar fish and would like to work out a possible trade.

Quick slow motion video of the curupira hitting some food:
[video=youtube;kFM7xaFtlsU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFM7xaFtlsU[/video]

West1

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2007
Very nice curupia! I wish my older ones were more active, this makes me want to try another one :)

G/l with sale, in the words of R.I.P. R1... "Instant gratification"

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

RampageRR

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2012
MD/VA/WV
www.youtube.com
Very nice curupia! I wish my older ones were more active, this makes me want to try another one :)

G/l with sale, in the words of R.I.P. R1... "Instant gratification"

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Thanks, man! Yeah, he's much more active than I normally see out of wolf fish. I already know I'm going to regret selling him, but I think letting my kids pick out the stock in this tank is the best thing to do for now. I'd love for them both to get into the hobby more, so I'll sacrifice having my ideal stock (for now). :)

West1

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2007
Why not get them a little tank and let them pick their fish? Just a thought lol. I'd hate to see that beast end up in the wrong hands...

RampageRR

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2012
MD/VA/WV
www.youtube.com
Why not get them a little tank and let them pick their fish? Just a thought lol. I'd hate to see that beast end up in the wrong hands...
I'd love to do that instead, but I'm already at 4 tanks running now. I just don't have the free time between work and the kids' schedules to clean an extra tank on top of these. If I don't have any serious offers, I'll just keep him and the family's just going to have to deal with it. Glass banging, flaring, and all ;)...

doubledragon

The House Of Endlie
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2006
ohio
I'd love to do that instead, but I'm already at 4 tanks running now. I just don't have the free time between work and the kids' schedules to clean an extra tank on top of these. If I don't have any serious offers, I'll just keep him and the family's just going to have to deal with it. Glass banging, flaring, and all ;)...
I wish I had room for him... The problem is I do have room, but I don't know how well he would get along with my other fish. And my smallest tank is only a 75g so I wouldn't want to stick him in there long term if he was a bad boy, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store