bambusa grow out thread

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
Got a tiny bambusa from Wes around the begining of June. I wanted to start a thread then but he was too small to photograph. Really looked like a juvenile guppy. Here are some pictures of him several months later. He has more then doubled in size and maybe tripled in size. He eats anything I feed him. He took flakes from day one.

sorry photos are not great. Still really hard to take pictures off. In the last picture he looks deformed. I assure you guys he is not

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
Love to see the continued updates. Thanks for sharing the not too often seen bambusa.

crenicichla444

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2013
Michigan
Awww nice bro mine jumped his divider awhile ago and into the jaws of a gold dorado. Man your guy is looking good, makes me salty about losing that little guy he had some potential haha

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
Love to see the continued updates. Thanks for sharing the not too often seen bambusa.
I am glad you are interested in the thread. I plan to update it once a month or so. All too often someone asks me the growth rate of my fish and I always have to guess because who really remembers. At least now I can have it documented. I am doing this with my south american lungfish too.

Awww nice bro mine jumped his divider awhile ago and into the jaws of a gold dorado. Man your guy is looking good, makes me salty about losing that little guy he had some potential haha
MonsterAquariaNetwork app
sorry thats a real shame. I have never had much luck with dividers either. Fish that I never thought could make i over or even fit over have.

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
grown maybe a 1/4 inch but looks skinny and not growing as fast as I imagined he should so I dewormed the tank two days ago. He is around 1.5 inches now

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Awesome thread! I'll be watching this one closely! :D

Hope the worming works out for you. He's a cool little fish.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
Awesome thread! I'll be watching this one closely! :D

Hope the worming works out for you. He's a cool little fish.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Deworming went well. Putting on some more weight. Will need to get some new pictures up

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
was shuffling fish and had to net the bambusa. He is right at the 2 inch mark. I bought him at about 3/4 inch but more realistically 1/2 inch. I have had him now for about 4 months. There was a nice growth spurt after the deworming so hopefully that will continue. Also right now I am feeding once to twice daily. Pretty soon I will be able to feed more which may help

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store