Death of one..... New home to many.

Mad wolf

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 19, 2014
Syracuse New York
My 10" Dovii died. I have an empty tank. Decided to create a small juvii Cichlid community in his old home. Did a 75% water change this morning and moved in a 5" male GT, a 3" female convict, and a 4" female JD. A 5" tinfoil barb, a few golds, and 3 crawdads complete the mix as background. Looks good though. I miss that damn Dovii, but I gotta move on.

Rafini

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2012
Calgary, Canada
sorry for your loss.
juvie cichlid tanks are always fun and interesting though! unfortunately once they hit a certain size all hell breaks loose and you can't add any new fish.
but hey you have 3 of the most easy to mix cichlids right there already you will be fine.

Tinfoils get pretty huge btw you might be rehoming at some point, I used to have a shoal of 12 in my 225 and they were all about 10-12" long and they used ever square inch of that tank. (also they steal all the food)

You want to show us some pics of your new set up? it sounds pretty cool. I`ve always been tempted to do a huge communal convict tank. kinda like an african cichlid tank, overstocked and with lots of territories

Mad wolf

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 19, 2014
Syracuse New York
It's set up nice. White and tan medium sized gravel, one large probly 15 lb piece of driftwood in the back center, with 4 other various shaped but similar pieces of driftwood scattered around to create plenty of hiding places. I recently added a 7" common Pleco to help with the cleaning. I work out of town sometimes gone for a few days a week. My wife loves the new set up. She was really never to fond of my Dovii, but loves the GT!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store