Where to find piranhas for sale online?

pg_worldofpiranhas_com

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2014
United States
Hey everyone,

I'm getting questions from people about buying piranhas on-line, specifically, if I know any good places. I looked around and did some research, and posted some info on my site (see below) but I'd like some real feedback if any of you have used any of the sites before. Just want to make sure I'm not listing a site that's crap. :D Thanks.

Sorry in advance if this has been covered before. I'm kinda new to this site.

Cheers

pg_worldofpiranhas_com
http://worldofpiranhas.com/

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
Im lost. youve never ordered piranha online so you are here asking about where to order from but you have already made a guide of where to order piranha on your website? :screwy:

ive ordered from a couple places and it depends on what you think of as good. Aquascape for example. Great selection of piranha you likely wont find many places and excellent packaging. The fish I got wasnt super healthy and their prices are nutty and forget trading in fish with them. When I wanted to change my piranha stock the fish I paid 700 for they offered me 20 in store credit if I shipped him back (100 in shipping for 20 credit?)

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
Shark aquarium is the other big piranha importer. There are others like TUIC who have different kinds on occasion and you might want to add having fish shipped from overseas usually go through a licensed transshipper (atleast the 2 times I bought from thailand thats how it worked)

shenlonco

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 5, 2009
NJ
That's a JOKE and they wonder why people let there pets go in the wild ...pet shops to blame they are all good and ready to take all your money but when it's time for them to trade in a fish they want to give you peanuts for it $20.00 or so when you see them selling the same fish in there shop for hundreds!! :ROFL:

Im lost. youve never ordered piranha online so you are here asking about where to order from but you have already made a guide of where to order piranha on your website? :screwy:

ive ordered from a couple places and it depends on what you think of as good. Aquascape for example. Great selection of piranha you likely wont find many places and excellent packaging. The fish I got wasnt super healthy and their prices are nutty and forget trading in fish with them. When I wanted to change my piranha stock the fish I paid 700 for they offered me 20 in store credit if I shipped him back (100 in shipping for 20 credit?)

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
aquascapeonline has a great piranha selection and great prices. I have bought several from them.

As far as the above comments about trading values you too are rather ignorant. There are some great threads about this topic.

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
Trust me I understand supply and demand 100% but you cant say that fish are so rare they command high dollar then basically insult someone who has spent some pretty good money on them. Bet if I posted up a couple emails it might be more understandable the reason I wont buy from them anymore. I was basically told their cost on huge rhoms is under 20 dollars but they would be willing to go up to 20 to keep my business(I was trying to buy another fish that was over 1000). Thats insulting considering they sold it to me for almost 30x that amount and it wasnt in good health when I got the fish. Kinda blame myself for buying such an expensive fish over the phone but it is in the past and nothing to do but learn from it. And possibly help someone else because their fish exchange policy is worse than any lfs I have ever dealt with and it may make a difference to someone thinking about making a big purchase

pg_worldofpiranhas_com

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2014
United States
Thanks for the feedback on AquaScape. It's not really a guide on how to buy them, it's more of a list of sites where they can get them. I've always bought mine from a local shop so I never had to do it on-line... but I kept getting asked the question so I figured why not... spent a few hours looking on-line and getting feedback then I wrote up a post about it. My problem is that I posted it too soon (didn't realize it until it was too late) and then I didn't want to yank the info. Figured I'd post the question here and then update the post later.

I know... it's not the best way to do it, but it is what is easy. :D Thanks again. Doesn't seem like you had a good experience with them.

pg_worldofpiranhas_com

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2014
United States
Sorry for the lame question, but can you post the links? I tried the Google approach but I'm not finding them. And thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

Shark aquarium is the other big piranha importer. There are others like TUIC who have different kinds on occasion and you might want to add having fish shipped from overseas usually go through a licensed transshipper (atleast the 2 times I bought from thailand thats how it worked)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store