Super Long Hair Care.

knifegill

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
Oscar Tummy
If you have hair past the middle of your back (bsl), what is your care routine? Pics are welcome, but definitely want to know what you do to fight split ends, etc.

jonny5

Candiru
MFK Member
May 14, 2010
california
I just cut mine a month ago and its tough. if you have very fine hairs like me, then then tangles happen on the slightest wind and every time you brush your hair out you pull some.
What I did was always grab the hair tight and brush out knots near the end and work my way toward the root, never start at the root and just try to fight though the tangles.
brush your hair before you shower and never brush it wet.

Split ends also get tangled more easily so every few months just chop off like half and inch.

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
I got tired of dealing with hair, and usually had it back in a pony tail anyway. Several years ago, I chopped it off and haven't looked back.

My daughter (4) has hair that goes to her waist. It's a lot of brushing - starting at the ends and working up to the top. We try to keep it up (pony tail, pig tails, braids etc...) to keep it from tangling when we go out or in the water.

Westie

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2008
Bay Area CA USA
I've got rock-locks. (Metal hair) Basically I don't over wash it because I lose a lot if I do. Twice a week is good for me or I get dry fly away hair. I super condition the ends and leave in for like 2-3 mins. And I use a leave in treatment which kinda helps hold it down after a shampoo. I also get a lot of grief from my wife and my (female) boss most likely because my curly scottish locks are much nicer than their overwashed/overcolored hair lol. Also I only cut my hair twice a year because thats all thats needed to keep it the mid-back length I enjoy. \m/\m/

Gill Blue

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2011
michigan
been a few years since my hair was that long, around 2.5 feet, but I didn't do much special. wash and condition hair at the start of the shower, and rinse the conditioner after washing my body. towel dry, brush, and air dry the rest.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store