Help with fish ID

cmjdjm1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2011
Windsor Ontario Canada
Hey there guys, Im hoping someone might be able to help identify a cichlid I have. It was given to me with a group of OB peacocks awhile ago, but its clearly not one of them. Ive attached a couple pics to help. The colour changes depending on where in the tank it is and its mood, which lately seems to be pretty aggresive. The fish in question is in the center of the pics. You can see one minute he looks yellow, and the next he looks blue. 20140901_163318.jpg 20140901_163149.jpg

20140901_163318.jpg

20140901_163149.jpg

timbo6684

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2013
Surface of the Sun, Arizona
Doesn't resemble any pure peacock I know. Could be a non ob peacock from an ob peacock brood. Sometimes people cross regular peacocks with obs in an attempt to enhance a desired color, the fry won't come out 100% ob...this guy could be the result. If the person you got the obs from is a reliable breeder I would suggest asking them if possible.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

cmjdjm1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2011
Windsor Ontario Canada
Hmmm, thanks for the suggestions guys. Wish there was a definitive answer, but either way he's still pretty. The two pics are actually only seconds apart, so the color change isn't stress. It's due to the lighting in the tank. One side was only lit by an actinic bulb because the other had just died.
I may have to get rid of him though as he quite quickly become the tank bully. Since he's grown in size I've found a few fish just gone missing randomly. I go to bed at night with seven yellow labs, come home from work the next day and there's only six. Then another couple days go by and there's only five left... And so on. And the only culprit I can see is this guy. He's the only one chasing fish around. And the odd part is he's not trying to breed, not defending a territory either. A fish will just swim past and it's like a switch is flicked and it's war! Lol. If I lose any more fish, I'll be putting up an ad to a good home!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store