Looking for new tank mate

fishblahblah

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2014
PA
I currently have a 125 that is stocked with a 6" tiger oscar, 5" green terror, 4" jack dempsey, 4" convict, and a 4" featherfin squeaker. I've always wanted an albino tiger oscar but my green terror refuses to live with one. I've tried different methods of introducing albino oscars into the tank but she's killed 3 of them. I don't want to keep throwing them in there to die so I was considering trying a red devil instead. I have no experience with red devil and have heard a lot of negative things about their aggression. Everyone in my tank lives peacefully right now and I'd like for it to stay that way. What do you guys think about red devils in general and as a tankmate for my current fish? I really wanted to add something that is a pale or albino color to the tank.

Crazy mike

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2012
Vacaville,California
Red devil would be a very bad idea. They are known for being very aggressive and sometimes outright intolerant of tank mates. I say leave the stock as is. Why throw off a peaceful tank with a interloper?Also a Red Devils and most other amphs for that matter can and do claim entire tanks for themselves and to do so in a125 would be easy.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Have you tried removing the GT for a while and growing an albino Oscar in the 125? Could re-add the GT once the Oscar has gotten bigger, which wouldn't take long.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

fishblahblah

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2014
PA
Have you tried removing the GT for a while and growing an albino Oscar in the 125? Could re-add the GT once the Oscar has gotten bigger, which wouldn't take long. Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
That's a great idea that I've never thought of. I think that may be my next try. Thanks!

fishblahblah

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2014
PA
Not sure if sarcasm but you're welcome hahaSent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Lol. I wasn't being sarcastic- just too excited about the idea.

suprd71

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2012
North Bay Ontario Canada
Considering the adult potential of your current fish, you are already maxed out, over imo. A 125 is bare minimum for 2 adult Oscars, so adding another is not a good idea at all.

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
Considering the adult potential of your current fish, you are already maxed out, over imo. A 125 is bare minimum for 2 adult Oscars, so adding another is not a good idea at all.
+1.
You'll have water problems in a year if you don't stay on too of water changes.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store