Wet pet or community???

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
Wet pet or community tank which do you prefer and why. This is one question I can never decide on. I would like to know what you all think.

***125 GALLON: 1 Jack Dempsey, 1 Convict, 2 red jewels, 1 Green Terror, 1 Gold Gourami, 1 Angelfish, and 1 12 inch pleco.
60 GALLON: 1 Red Devil.***

rdKirby

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2013
Texas
Wet pet for me. I really like not having any territory issues, plus it's easier to maintain with just one fish. I also feel like you get more attached to a wet pet than a community, especially watching one grow from a fry to a beast.

Crazy mike

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2012
Vacaville,California
Wet pet or community tank which do you prefer and why. This is one question I can never decide on. I would like to know what you all think.

***125 GALLON: 1 Jack Dempsey, 1 Convict, 2 red jewels, 1 Green Terror, 1 Gold Gourami, 1 Angelfish, and 1 12 inch pleco.
I have both. It depends on what you like. Wet pets get boring IMO quick, I've always liked having a mix of fish and watching them interact with one another. Red Devils and related amphs make excellent wet pets but the lack of variety gets boring. It's up to you.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
Depends on the area the tank is in. High traffic area like living room gets big mean wet pets that interact with everyone while peaceful places like bedroom get planted communities. Fish in my avatar was in the living room next to my couch where it would relentlessly try to eat anyone who sat on his end of the couch while I fall asleep every night staring at this
20140809_223717.jpg

20140809_223717.jpg

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
My red devil is growing pretty fast. So I will soon have that setup with the beast in the family room and community in my bedroom

Vanica

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2014
Alberta, Canada
I have a smililar setup now, I have a big Jag in my living room. and in my computer room I have my 135 with bichirs, clown loaches and a Dat, the bedroom is my 90 Gallon growout for my Bichirs and a baby Dat.

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
Something about a mean glass banging cichlid just draws people in. Ive had all kinds of expensive and pretty fish and it was the tilapia the lfs begged me to take that was everyones favorite. Add a big mag float for people to battle your fish with and it quickly becomes the most entertaining part of the house. I do appreciate the calming effect of fish too though so watching a school of tetras move or the trailers on an angelfish flow in the current or amano shrimp methodically clean a plant can cause me to zone out to a happy place kinda like happy gilmore

Yodins

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2014
Trinidad and Tobago
I've had mostly community tanks as of lately but I'm getting back into my old ways and thinking about putting a tank one side fir my old time favorite _ OSCARS!

I recently got 2 baby jaguar cichlids as well and man I must say I am loving the tenacity.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
I prefer to watch fish interact with each other and their environment rather than me. So, community for me.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store