Issue with fire eel

D.Wolf

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2013
Slovenia, Europe
Hello all :)

I have an issue with beloved fire eel..she is about 8" long, willing to take only bloodworms and live earthworms, krill if im lucky..
She developed white spots, some days even white patches..some days she is almost spot free.. everything is changing really fast - morning spots, next day patches, later at evening only spots or few spots only..and its cycling this way all the time..

I doubt that this would be ich because of its speed and size..

Anyone had similar case?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Fatlungy

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2011
Reading, Pennsylvania
Any pictures? First guess would be ammonia burns. How's the heater in the tank could be laying on the heater also. Do you have hiding spots for it in the tank?

Sent from my MB886 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

D.Wolf

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2013
Slovenia, Europe
uploadfromtaptalk1409682733810.jpg

Now it has this spots..then turn into patches and then disappears or go into spots again.. she has hiding spot under the root, she is friendly to every other fish in tank and so are they to her..
I doubt about ammonia spikes, filtration is overkill, well heater is next to her root (unprotected but she avoids it)..

Is it possible to be ph swing or smt? Sometimes patches comes after water change (but sometimes even spots go away after water change)..

I really have no idea what would that be..
In tank is another scaleless fish, black ghost knife and she is spotless..

On pic she has round belly - just after feeding..its not swollen or something :)

D.Wolf

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2013
Slovenia, Europe
Probably found the issue.. damn ph swing..i got ph probe, did measures and observed the fish..didnt change anything, except i was changing water at exact same ph..fire eel got a lot better - no more patches, just few spots and even they are slowly disappearing :) ph swing was from 7.2 to 8.3.. definetely need to change my test kit as it was showing 7 but it actually was 7.7

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store