2 male midas together in 200 gallon tank ??

gwcpanda

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2013
Sacramento , Ca
I have a question I have a male midas about 8-9 inches with 3 bichirs I was wondering if I would be able to put another male midas or red devil in a 200 gallon ? As I don't wanna add a female .. If not what other suggestions would work with my male midas ??

Sent from my SGH-M919 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

LONE_WOLF

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2013
Rancho Cucamonga
ive done this before no problem midas are actually pretty calm fish in my opinion. however if you add more fish to the tank your odds will be better to curb aggression. if its just the two then one will have to assert its dominance.

gwcpanda

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2013
Sacramento , Ca
OK so if I go with another male midas ..it's recommended to get another fish so there's no dominance over those 2 correct ?? Sooo Should I get something that doesn't get to big but can hold its own ??

Sent from my SGH-M919 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

FriedFlowerHornFillet

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2014
Toledo Ohio
Just read an article in National Geographic about this. An experiment on optimal use of space was done using A. Citronellis With enough decor and caves, they can be rather peaceful in a big enough tank. If you put them all in together without enough "other stimuli" to break up the view they will focus on each other and what you have is fish thunderdome. Keep an eye on them maybe throw in some danios or some other fast top schoolers to keep their eyes off the birchirs and each other. When problems do arise it's good to have hiding places for everybody to cool off in- otherwise yeah two fish enter one fish leaves.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store