What can i feed my Jaguar?

Cichlidshady

Banned
Aug 22, 2014
dallas
Hello i have a female jaguar cichlid who loves to eat and i want to mix up her diet a bit away from the pellets and once a week minnows- (not bought from your usual "petsmart" but a reputable lfs in dallas) I just want to feed her a variety of things its interesting for me but i want them to be healthy unlike the cheese-its i fed my dads tiger oscar when i was little. P.S she is about 4 inches i think. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLTkg3myYt8

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
I have heard of people feeding theirs worms and crickets.

***125 GALLON: 1 Jack Dempsey, 1 Convict, 2 red jewels, 1 Green Terror, 1 Gold Gourami, 1 Angelfish, and 1 12 inch pleco.
60 GALLON: 1 Red Devil.***

Cichlidshady

Banned
Aug 22, 2014
dallas
yes but im not sure if the worms in the backyard are safe because they could have possibly come in contact with chemicals

Vanica

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Mealworms from the pet store for lizards. My jag loves them.

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
Yeah I would like to try the mealworms once my red devil is a little bigger.

***125 GALLON: 1 Jack Dempsey, 1 Convict, 2 red jewels, 1 Green Terror, 1 Gold Gourami, 1 Angelfish, and 1 12 inch pleco.
60 GALLON: 1 Red Devil.***

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
Crickets. Grow your own earthworms in a plastic rubbermaid box in the garage. Feed em corn meal, or lettuce, vegetable scraps, newspaper. Buy 4 convicts and grow your own feeders.

Jag586

Piranha
MFK Member
May 28, 2012
st clair shores
+1 on growing own feeder

I used to feed my fish freeze dried bugs you can find em in the lizard section of your local big box pet store my fish loved em and you didn't have to keep live crickets and stuff around or worrie about catching wild bugs

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

vinod_uthaiah

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 17, 2013
India , Bangalore
You can feed them variety of live food like Crickets , Night crawlers , meal worms.
Meal worms and night crawlers you can do it right in your backyard and not worry about quality.
Your jaguar would absolutely love them , but please ensure that you use them as treats while you happily feed good quality pellets

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store