Stocking ideas for 60 gallon?

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
I am pretty bored tonight so I have been doing a lot of thinking about my tanks. I have ALWAYS kept cichlids. Cichlids is all I know. I currently have aggressive cichlids in my 60 gallon which is in my bed room. I am playing around with going in a totally different direction with this tank. I pretty much have tunnel vision with this hobby so I always end up being interested in big aggressive cichlids, but I would like to possibly step outside of my comfort zone and do something completely different with my 60 gallon. So I would like stocking ideas. I would like to end up with an active and very interesting set up. So please give me your ideas on how I should stock this tank. The stock must be able to live in a 60 gallon forever. I also have to cory cats that I would like to keep if I can. No wet pets because I already have one. Can't wait to hear your ideas. Thanks

***My hobby is like a flower on a plant. They make the plant look beautiful and feel Proud. ***

PDRed302

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2011
Fort Worth Texas
Dimensions?

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
4 feet long by 12 inches wide

***My hobby is like a flower on a plant. They make the plant look beautiful and feel Proud. ***

virgil2090

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2011
NJ
I think you can't try most paired cichlids they would be hard on the cories if breeding.maybe apistos or nannacara can live with cories. If you trade/sell the cories, you could try african shell dwellers

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
How active are the shell dwellers?

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
Any of the smaller (<6") new world cichlids would work, many with corys.
I keep a small group of Gymnogeophagus balzani, with Corydorus erhardti in a 60gal.

many of the other Gymnos stay about that size, Gymno quilero below

Cyptoheros nanoluteus, and Archocentrus multispinossa.

I also have a young group of multispinnossa with Aspidorus (cory cousin)in a 60.

Aspidorus spilotus

bhfautsch

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2013
Iowa
I would go with angelfish. I have an angelfish tank in my bedroom with a couple of cories. They are really some of my favorite fish plus they are relaxing to have in your bedroom. Or you could try African cichlids which would give lots of color and movement.

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
Will the angels end up killing each other? I think african cichlids would also be nice

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store