Kids pool

soupa2

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2007
cyn
So moving soon, big headache... I need to temporally move my 300 setup to the new house which takes at less 3 days to reset it back up.. my question is can I go to toys r us or Kmart and buy those kids blow up pools or shell pools and use that for the mean time.. might need a 1 week to set things back up. Any harmful things in these pools?

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
Bunch of members have used them. Shouldn't be an issue.

soupa2

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2007
cyn
Google koi show tanks. They work great and best part is they collapse and fold so easier to store. And have a lid in case you have jumping fish.

http://www.amazon.com/Flexible-Folding-Koi-Breeding-Quarantine/dp/B00E0OJTFO

There is 100g one. They have bigger ones too.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Looks very good but is it strong enough if fish rams into the size and not break? I have a big 25" arowana who broke twice of 1/4" glass canopy.. so this bad boy is "STRONG"....

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
I would suggest that you set the pool up first, and just before moving fish in, start a pump, transfer and rocks, a filter or 2, and some substrate (either strewn about on the bottom, or in containers) to provide bio-bacteria. Then move in the fish.
Plants also help if you already have them. If you use bio-wheels,or media in mesh bags, they also help.

The one above houses large cichlids. the one below overwinters koi, goldfish and cool water cichlids.

Because I also overwinter water lilies and some other marginal wayer plants. ciycling isn't an issue.

soupa2

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2007
cyn
I would suggest that you set the pool up first, and just before moving fish in, start a pump, transfer and rocks, a filter or 2, and some substrate (either strewn about on the bottom, or in containers) to provide bio-bacteria. Then move in the fish.
Plants also help if you already have them. If you use bio-wheels,or media in mesh bags, they also help.

The one above houses large cichlids. the one below overwinters koi, goldfish and cool water cichlids.

Because I also overwinter water lilies and some other marginal wayer plants. ciycling isn't an issue.

I understand the moving process thanks.. what type of pool r u using for Ur overwinter? I just need to buy a pool or some sort for temporally use.. I don't want to invest in a stock tank either. Something Strong and less than $120.

reptilerescued

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2014
nepa
I paid 9 bux ( 1/2 off) for a 6 foot by 15 inch kids pool.

I over winter turtles in the basement with it. Like above pix, so far they haven't punctured the cheap liner.
a mid size aro is gonna jump out of one the size i use though.

Rich

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
Mine is an Intex pool, 8' X 5' X 2'deep, ran about $100 delivered from the Intex web site. The cichlid pool fills the perimeter of a very small bed room, and to get to the other side I need to wade, no leaks yet.
I understand the moving process thanks.. what type of pool r u using for Ur overwinter? I just need to buy a pool or some sort for temporally use.. I don't want to invest in a stock tank either. Something Strong and less than $120.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store