Anyone keep Poly's and clarias together?

Burbotman

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2006
Canada
As the title states, any experiences out there?

I have come into the possession of a small 5" walking catfish. I have it a 20 gal qt at the moment

I must say an amazing looking cat with quite the personality. I am concerned about its activity level(high) and it's feeding time frenzy.

Comments on the net are mixed.

Anyone thoughts to share?

Burbotman

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2006
Canada
Arnt walking cats illegal?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Not where I am :)

When I was researching them I saw no shortage of articles on the issues you have had with them down in Florida.

There really are a cool fish, the body is like a Wels with the full length fins

AquaticAustin

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
Ah nice! I'm in fl and they are here. Sorry no experience with this. Id be very careful though, I'd imagine if the poly is bigger than the cat it would be ok

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Burbotman

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2006
Canada
Polys are all between 12 and 23" gobies are 9 and 13". I am mostly concerned about it stressing the bichirs out. Very active fish

King-eL

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
Philippines and Canada
I mixed them both in the past before and they do fine. However larger bichirs seem to nip on them as clarias are natural food for bichirs in the wild. They do fine with similar size bichirs though. Also when clarias becomes aggressive as they get big chasing some of my bichirs around but no harm done.

Burbotman

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2006
Canada
Thanks King, I appreciate you giving me advice. I will give it a go and keep an eye on the situation. I will grow the clarias out a few more inches before I introduce it

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store