Moving and using kids pools

soupa2

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2007
cyn
So moving soon, big headache... I need to temporarily move my 300 setup to the new house which takes at less 4 days to reset it back up.. my question is, can I go to toys r us or Kmart and buy those kids blow up pools or shell pools and use that for the mean time.. might need a 1 week to set things back up. Any harmful things in these pools? I have a pair of 16-18" motoro I have to put into this temporarily. I know how to move things but I can't set things back up right away so I have to temporarily move fishes into some sort of pool..

Jag586

Piranha
MFK Member
May 28, 2012
st clair shores
Are you asking if you can? Or telling us how your going to do it? With the rays if say go after the hard shell pool since I heard they can chew on sides of tanks and stuff I've never kept rays so I can't say 100% on that, but if it's filtered good then go for it just watch evaporation because having the whole top open on the pool allows more air to surface for evaporation to happen just set the pool up at the new house for a while to cycle then do the move the ray should do great good luck to you

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
I've read about may people use these kiddie pool to house fish, some even on a permanent basis. I can't foresee a couple of weeks (or months) doing any harm to your fish even if it was leaching something/anything.......its made for children after all

zapantha

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2012
American Canyon
I think mini monsters had a thread where she had some catfish and gar losses because she didn't use a liner on her pool; but I think that took more than a couple weeks as some have mentioned. You'll probably be ok. Could also try to find one of those Rubbermaid tubs too.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

litigator666

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2008
clayfield, qld australia
Can you get/borrow a big tub instead? Rays have spikes and can easilly puncture the pool. You may end up with more headache patching the pool. Kiddie pool may work for other fish but a bit risky for rays.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Can you get/borrow a big tub instead? Rays have spikes and can easilly puncture the pool. You may end up with more headache patching the pool. Kiddie pool may work for other fish but a bit risky for rays.
Kiddie pools also comes in hard preformed designs

soupa2

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2007
cyn
I want to use the pool temporarily for the time I movefrom one house to the other.. will these pool leech out some bad chemicals.. since the pair of rays have stingers I also have to worry about the inflatable pools.. those pools that are large sizes with reinforced side walls are too big to be my basement. Those size stock tanks I need cost $400 and up... What's my best choice on this situation? I need pool or some sort to house my fishes temporarily for about a week so. So I can move my 300 gal to the new house to reset it back up.. I don't want to spend $400 for 1 week use..

Siddons11

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2012
USA
Heres where my fish stayed for 4 days when I set up my 300g. Used a heater and circulation pump and threw all of my filter media in a laundry bag. View attachment 1035530

Sent from my SCH-I605 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
uploadfromtaptalk1410023102651.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1410023139096.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1410023194911.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1410023242515.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1410023276034.jpg
Do it up soupa...no mfk should be without an emergency blow up pool, metal frame pool or 300gal rubbermaid stock container. Very handy for moving and emergencies. A must have imo lol....no worries of leeching or chemicals. My 12' metal frame has been running "temporarily" for 2 yrs now and they go for $80-100....the smaller blow up pool i used for a fish move only cost $35. Holes in the liners are always something to worry about. But a tank could leak just as easily if it wanted too....good luck with ur move. No biggie imo.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
I want to use the pool temporarily for the time I movefrom one house to the other.. will these pool leech out some bad chemicals.. since the pair of rays have stingers I also have to worry about the inflatable pools.. those pools that are large sizes with reinforced side walls are too big to be my basement. Those size stock tanks I need cost $400 and up... What's my best choice on this situation? I need pool or some sort to house my fishes temporarily for about a week so. So I can move my 300 gal to the new house to reset it back up.. I don't want to spend $400 for 1 week use..
Scour ur local craigslist also....ive purchaced 300gal rubbermaids for as low as $75 used. U can also use galvanized troughs with a liner. Im sure someone has something local u can pick up under $100.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store