Help with peacock ID

Nutsaboutangels

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2012
California
I purchased this guy (first and second pic) from Quinn's Fins about a month ago and was sold as a blue regal. Just want to double check because the third pic is of my other blue regal and they look very different - first and second pic are blue/purple color with yellow egg spots and red shoulder and the third pic of my other blue regal is all blue w/red and white tips on fins. Confused

unknown peacock 2.jpg

unknown peacock.jpg

Blue Regal.jpg

timbo6684

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2013
Surface of the Sun, Arizona
Your unknown peacock resembles more of a Red Shoulder, Aulonocara Hansbaenschi, than a Blue Regal, Aulonocara Koningsi Mbenji. The last photo isn't a Blue Regal or even a peacock. It's a Sciaenochromis Fryeri, the Electric Blue Hap. I've ordered a few times from Quinns and he will readily fix any problems that arise. I suggest you forward him those photos of your supposed Blue Regal to him and see what he'll do for you.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Nutsaboutangels

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2012
California
Will do. Thank you for your help. I get so confused with the "blue" cichlids and just assume I get what I ask for. Thanks again.

Your unknown peacock resembles more of a Red Shoulder, Aulonocara Hansbaenschi, than a Blue Regal, Aulonocara Koningsi Mbenji. The last photo isn't a Blue Regal or even a peacock. It's a Sciaenochromis Fryeri, the Electric Blue Hap. I've ordered a few times from Quinns and he will readily fix any problems that arise. I suggest you forward him those photos of your supposed Blue Regal to him and see what he'll do for you.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store